Monday, November 26, 2012

Cheaper Skin Hydration treatment for dry winter skin....



I can tell winter is HERE…even if the temperatures don’t always reflect that at the moment.  The DRY winter air is back with a vengeance.  My skin has turned SUPER DRY.  My daily lotion “treatments” after a shower are not enough.

Over the years, I have tried a myriad of lotions…starting with the cheap ones (that don’t work), moving through some more pricey ones.  Ultimately, none of them have provided relief from the dry winter air.

Last year, I stumbled across a homemade body scrub.  This EASY body scrub provides the same results of Mary Kay’s “Satin Hands” products….yet for pennies on the dollar.  It exfoliates your skin and leaves it feeling smooth and hydrated.  Anytime my sad-winter-skin needs a hydration pick-me-up, I just add this body scrub to my shower routine!!

Sweet & Spicy Sugar Scrub (from www.ourbestbites.com)
This picture of the sugar scrub is from www.ourbestbites.com
¼ c. brown sugar
¼ c. white sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
Light olive oil

Directions:
·         Combine everything BUT the oil.
·         Add the oil slowly.  Stir until it is the consistency you want.
·         Store in a container with a lid.  (Keep in fridge while not in use.)
For Use:
1.       Wash body like usual—so you have clean skin when you use the body scrub.
2.       Stir the scrub and take out almost a quarter size amount.  Massage into skin using circular motions for several minutes.
a.       After rinsing, if your skin feels too oily, you can use a bit of soap to wash it off.  I personally leave it.  When I finish with my shower, it doesn’t feel oily anymore.
3.       The scrub will trap the moisture and make your skin so soft and smooth.  After you get out of the shower, slather on some lotion for the finishing touch.  No more dry itchy skin!!! J

Happy Stretching Pennies…

No comments:

Post a Comment