Friday, October 21, 2011

A Dish Cloth is cheaper to use than Paper Towels!

It’s not very often that I use paper towels.  In fact, I think I only use 8-12 rolls a year!

Several years ago, we had a very good babysitter that we hired for the FEW occasions we went OUT for a date.  She was great with the kids, kept the house tidy, and did what I asked her to do.  My only complaint?  She used too many paper towels!!  I was always flabbergasted to see 1/3  - ½  of the roll GONE when I got home all in ONE evening!!  How could anyone use SO many??  After a while, I got in the habit of HIDING my paper towels when she came over.  I couldn’t afford to pay her AND supply the paper towels!!  ( I was secretly hoping she would learn the ease of using a "cloth paper towel”!)

Sooo…what do I use to clean up messes?  Dish cloths. 
I make a habit of changing them daily.  This way they don’t get gross AND I don’t spread germs.  My #1 rule is IF the dish cloth ends up cleaning a small spill on the floor—it IMMEDIATELY goes in the laundry and I get out a new one.  My #2 rule is the dish cloth MUST be rung out AND hung between uses to extend its serviceable NON-stinky life!

So IF you aren’t in the habit of using a reusable cloth for clean ups…give a dish cloth a try today!!
Happy Stretching Pennies….

PS  When I DO buy paper towels, I buy the half-sheet variety so I don't go through as many!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I knit dishcloths using cotton yarn (use a coupon at JoAnn's for 40% off. They also make great hostess gifts.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete