Monday, October 17, 2011

e-Cookbooks for FREE!

I generally like to cook.  I have many cookbooks....yet I continue to look for MORE recipes.  I like to joke that I have "ADHD" when it comes to food.  I DO have a tendency to get bored with doing the same recipe over and over. 

My cookbooks generally reflect WHO I am and the LIFESTYLE I lead.  That means INEXPENSIVE, but YUMMY...and many TIME SAVING yummy home cooked meals.  I usually find one that fits our lifestyle and tastes and get it on a discount at amazon.com. 

My Favorite Cookbooks:
  • Fabulous Freezer Meals by Jenny Stanger
  • I Can't Believe it's Food Storage! by Crystal Godfrey
  • Beyond Oatmeal by Carlene Duda (A breakfast book)
  • Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams At Home by Jeni Bauer
Recently, I attended an Emergency Preparedness Fair at my church that was open to the public.  I was talking with many of the people about how they prepare and cook their food storage.  I was most intrigued with baking a loaf of bread on the grill.  I have grilled my pizza for years and it is fabulous--and FAST!  The idea of speeding up baking bread sounded to good too be true.  One of the ladies referred me to a website that has FREE cookbooks.  I signed up for their outdoor cooking book.  It was good.  It took a couple of hours for it to "instantly" send it to my inbox.  I don't know if this was because I was having internet problems...or if it was because the file was so large.  Needless to say their website and cookbooks are worth checking out.  (Be prepared...they ARE a business trying to sell you mixes and other baking products.  I have never purchased anything from them.  I have just enjoyed a few of their cookbooks.)

Here is what Prepared Pantry offers:

Free Baking Guides & e-Books

Desserts

Bread

Breakfast

Lunch & Dinner

Holidays & Seasonal

Food Storage & Emergency Preparedness

Happy Stretching Pennies....

No comments:

Post a Comment