Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Community Concerts…and events for FREE

I called to borrow a movie from a friend for a “theater” moment, (watching a NEW movie that we hadn’t seen before).  During our conversation, she brought to my attention a month long event that was happening close by (the BIG town next to ours) and how many FREE events there were.  I had never heard of this "celebrating the arts" event!  I started wondering how many other FREE events have I been missing?
So for the last weekend of this event, we headed up for “Rolling on the River Concert series” and saw a tribute to U2….preformed by Vegas U2. It was fabulous…and now my oldest wants to know how he can obtain their music for his MP3 player!!
I would recommend going by your local visitor center, contacting your local newspaper, or calling your city’s Park & Recreation Department to find out what events your city (or the city next to yours) is putting on.  I was amazed at how many things they offered.  I won’t be missing “Artown” next year….

Happy Stretching Pennies...

No comments:

Post a Comment